How can I sell my violin now?
With auctions almost every month, Amati is well placed to help you sell your instrument.
You might know already that you wish to sell your violin – or viola, cello, and bow. With auctions almost every month, Amati is well placed to help you sell your instrument.
- The first step is to have your stringed instrument and bow valued. After all, knowing an instrument’s value can profoundly change the way you look at it.
- The quickest way is to get an Amati online valuation. Alternatively, you can book an appointment at a valuation day near you.
- When you receive your valuation, contact Amati on +44 (0)20 7099 7114, US Toll free: 855 642 1160, or by email at email@example.com. We will send you a consignment form and shipping forms to complete. This can also all be done through MyAmati.
If you wish to sell a violin or viola, we would also send you an Amati Box – a cardboard box designed specifically for shipping violins and small violas. It has a remarkable safety record. You would pack the box according to the instructions, include the signed documentation, and then ship the instrument back to us. We would, of course, tell you when your violin or viola arrives at Amati.
If you wish to sell a larger instrument, or a collection, then you have three options:
- Amati can send you the packing materials for your instrument(s),
- You could meet our specialists at a Valuation day near you. Specialists always travel with bespoke travelling cases for instruments. They’d be happy to go through the paperwork with you and carry your instruments back for sale, or
- Amati can arrange for your instruments to be collected by members of the Amati team as soon as it is convenient to both parties.
Since we started the business, Amati have carried, sold and shipped thousands of violins and bows, and hundreds of cellos, violas, and other stringed instruments. Your instrument will be in safe hands.
The best of international shipping for all our clients
Come to a Valuation Day
If you are thinking of selling, or just curious about the origins of your violin, viola, cello or bow, come along to an Amati Valuation Day.